Business guidance

You can have most types of weighing and measuring equipment, including scales in shops, measures in pubs and petrol pumps tested by our qualified Weights and Measures Inspectors.

Weights and measures


To operate a public weighbridge you must have a public weighbridge operator’s certificate which proves your competence.

Apply for a public weighbridge operator’s certificate

You might also be interested in:

Testing and weight hire

Our weights and measures inspectors can provide you with a written report, giving you and your customers confidence in the accuracy of your equipment.

We also have calibrated weights for hire from 1kg - 1 tonne.

Request testing / weight hire

Fees apply for these services, see:

Also see:

Business advice, if you're looking for information on selling food by weight or weighing and measuring equipment for trade.