Report a trading standards issue

Online reporting form

Report a Trading Standards issue:

  • Make a food complaint - some things have to be reported to your district council
  • Report animal health and welfare issues
  • Report short weight and/or volume
  • Report sales of counterfeit goods
  • Report sales of fake alcohol or cigarettes
  • Report underage sales of age restricted products
  • Report doorstep crime and cold calling and scams

You can't use this form to report the following:

  • Food poisoning, poor hygiene or a foreign object in food

To report these items contact your District Council.

  • If you need to speak to someone for advice

Please contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline to speak to someone.

We need as much detail as possible in your report:

  • A location or address, if known
  • The name or description of the person or business you are reporting
  • Details such as website addresses, phone numbers, vehicle registrations, etc.
  • A photo or screenshot, if possible

This form requires your contact details in the event that Leicestershire Trading Standards need further information from you. Your information:

  • will be treated confidentially
  • will not be passed to any other parties
  • will be stored securely, in line with our Privacy Notice

Report something to Leicestershire Trading Standards