Waste sites - booking update
Due to some scheduled IT maintenance work, the booking form will be unavailable from 7.30pm Friday 26 February to 2pm Saturday 27 February. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please book an appointment if you need to visit this site.
- Vehicles are only allowed access to the site with a pre-booked appointment
- Vans and cars with trailers can book an appointment to visit this site on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday mornings.
- Maximum of two adults per vehicle, suitable footwear and gloves should be worn to assist in safe handling of your waste. Please ensure you can unload your waste yourself as unfortunately at present no physical assistance can be given by site staff
- All vehicles must be off-site by closing time
- Pedestrian access is not permitted at this site
- When this site is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, Market Harborough is open.
- Please be aware, to ensure your safety, there may be a short delay if service vehicles are on site changing the bins when you arrive for your appointment. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- All waste legally deposited at this site becomes the property of the County Council
- Waste site terms and conditions and site rules
There is a charge to dispose of some types of non-household waste.
You can only pay using a credit or debit card, contactless when possible. Cash or cheques will not be accepted.
|Asbestos* - cement bonded asbestos|
only (Charges apply)
|Hardcore and soil (Charges apply)|
|Batteries||Low energy bulbs|
|Car batteries||Mobile phones|
|Cardboard||Non-recyclable household waste|
(black bags, carpets, mattresses etc.)
|Chipboard||Plasterboard (Charges apply)|
|Clothes||Plastic bottles, tubs, pots and trays|
|Cooking oil||Scrap metal|
|Flat glass (Charges apply)||Shoes|
|Fluorescent tubes||Small appliances|
|Food tins and drink cans||TV and monitors|
|Fridges and freezers||Used engine oil|
|Garden waste**||White goods (large domestic appliances)|
*You can dispose of 30 sheets or bags (or a combination of both); 10 lengths of guttering; 1 water tank
**Please note: any branches or tree trunks must be smaller or cut down to less than 15cm wide and 1 metre in length.
We can also accept, but are not currently able to recycle:
- Bric a brac
These items will need to be disposed of in the general waste containers at the site. Please use your normal kerbside recycling collections where possible.
- Please remove all confidential data from your PC, laptop, phone or tablet before you dispose of it.
- You must remove confidential material from your general waste and ensure that it is disposed of correctly.
This site does not accept:
- Ammunition such as Second World War shells, explosive caps, and ammunition for guns and shotguns
- Business waste
- Clinical waste / needles / sharps
- Construction wood such as railway sleepers, telegraph poles and wood treated with creosote
- COVID-19 contaminated material (or suspected) unless it is double bagged and has been kept for at least 72 hours before depositing it on site
- Paint (liquid)
For more information see How do I dispose of...