- We encourage residents to wear a face covering when they are on this site if they can
- Vans, pick-ups and cars with trailers, and any vehicle bringing asbestos, chemicals or liquid paint, must have a Waste Permit.
- Maximum of two adults per vehicle, suitable footwear and gloves should be worn to assist in safe handling of your waste. Please ensure you can unload your waste yourself as unfortunately at present no physical assistance can be given by site staff
- Vehicles are allowed access to the site up to 5 minutes before closing time (at peaks times this may be increased)
- All vehicles must be off-site by closing time
- Pedestrian access is not permitted at this site. See the document below for further information:
- All waste legally deposited at this site becomes the property of the County Council
- Waste site terms and conditions and site rules
There is a charge to dispose of some types of non-household waste.
You can only pay using a credit or debit card, contactless when possible. Cash or cheques will not be accepted.
Bric a brac
Computers and peripherals (including printers, keyboards, computer mice, tablets, gaming consoles)
Flat Glass (Charges apply)
Food tins and drink cans
Fridges and freezers^
Hardcore and soil (Charges apply)
Low energy bulbs
Non-recyclable household waste (black bags, carpet, mattresses etc.)
Plasterboard** (Charges apply)
Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
TVs and monitors
Upholstered domestic seating (armchairs, bean bags/floor cushions, dining/kitchen chairs, home office chairs, futons, pouffes, sofas/sofa beds, settees and stools/footstools)
White goods (large domestic appliances)
*Any branches or tree trunks must be smaller or cut down to less than 15cm wide and 1 metre in length.
**We can only accept plasterboard for recycling if all fixtures and fittings, such as tiles or woodwork, have been separated from the plasterboard first. We cannot accept demolition waste that contains plasterboard mixed with other materials such as tiles and bricks.
^If your fridge or freezer or wine/beer cooler is glass fronted or branded, additional questions may be asked by site staff to ensure the items are household waste and not from commercial activities.
- Please remove all confidential data from your PC, laptop, phone or tablet before you dispose of it.
- You must remove confidential material from your general waste and ensure that it is disposed of correctly.
This site does not accept:
- Ammunition such as Second World War shells, explosive caps, and ammunition for guns and shotguns
- Business waste
- Vehicles (motorised or non-motorised) - including cars and vans, motorbikes, caravans, trailers or any structural part of a vehicle e.g. trailer beds, trailer side panels, dismantled caravan panels and parts, seats, dashboards, bumpers, doors, bonnets, panels, brake discs and pads, engines, gear boxes, axles, wheels and tyres
- Clinical waste / needles / sharps
- Construction wood such as railway sleepers, telegraph poles and wood treated with creosote
- COVID-19 contaminated material (or suspected) unless it is double bagged and has been kept for at least 72 hours before depositing it on site
- Gas bottles/cylinders - cannot be accepted from 31 March 2023
- Paint (liquid)
Please see our How do I dispose of... page for suggestions of how you can reuse or recycle your items or if you can’t see your item listed here.