Find your district council

As a county council, there are a number of services we don't provide, including council housing and council tax. These will be provided by your district council.

For information or advice on housing, council tax, bin collections, flooding or planning applications you will need to contact your district council.

If you live in the City of Leicester, then your local council will be Leicester City Council

List of district councils

If you live in Leicestershire but outside of the city, then your local council will be one of the following:

Blaby District Council

Charnwood Borough Council

Harborough District Council

Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council

Melton Borough Council

North West Leicestershire District Council

Oadby and Wigston Borough Council

Services provided by your district council

  • Council tax
  • Housing
  • Planning permissions
  • Business rates
  • Reporting abandoned vehicles
  • Rubbish collection
  • The electoral register