- SENDIASS staff are legally trained:
- Will maintain confidentiality and will not share information without consent.
- Will be non-judgemental.
- Will not make decisions on your behalf or influence your decision making in any way.
- Will tailor support to your individual needs.
- Send processes and Send support
- Educational disputes and exclusions.
- One Page Profiles.
- Requests for assessments and matters relating to Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs).
- Annual reviews of your child’s EHCP.
- Disability discrimination.
- Support in court proceedings, relating to the above.
- Advice and support
- Blaby Charnwood Harborough Hinckley and Bosworth Melton North West Leicestershire Oadby and Wigston
Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) Leicestershire, is a statutory service. We provide free, impartial and confidential advice and support to parents and carers of young people aged 0-25 with special education needs or disabilities as well as young people themselves. We advise on all matters relating to SEND, including education, health and social care issues.
Our aim is to empower parents/carers, children and young people to independently voice their thoughts, opinions and desires about the support they (or their children), need in place to achieve their full potential and best possible outcomes.
We do this through providing information, advice and support. This can be via telephone, emails, meetings and face to face support. We ensure that children, young people and their parents / carers have the correct information about the processes / experiences that they may be going through and their rights relating to these, in order to make informed choices.
What we can help with
SEND education, health and social care issues, including:
Getting in touch:
SEND Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS Leicestershire) Telephone: 0116 305 5614 Duty line opening times Monday-Friday 9am-3pm - answerphone service in operation outside of these hours Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: sendiassleicestershire.org.uk
Tell us about any updates to this information using our online form
The directory is impartial - the council does not endorse or recommend any organisation listed.