The Silver Line operates the only confidential, free helpline for people aged 55 and over across the UK that’s open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The helpline number is: 0800 4 70 80 90.
We also offer telephone friendship where we match volunteers with older people based on their interests, facilitated group calls, and help to connect people with local services in their area.
Our specially trained helpline team offer
- Information, friendship and advice
- Link callers to local groups and services
- Regular friendship calls
- Protect and support older people who are suffering abuse and neglect
- Advice and support, Health and wellbeing
- Blaby, Charnwood, Derbyshire, Harborough, Hinckley and Bosworth, Leicester, Lincolnshire, Melton, North West Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Oadby and Wigston, Rutland, Staffordshire, Warwickshire