Creating your account
You can sign up for a Self account by registering your email address.
- You'll receive a verification email with a link to click on to activate your account - check your junk/spam email folders
- You'll be redirected to the Self Profile form to add some basic information like your name, address and preferred contact method
This information will be automatically loaded into any of our online forms that you use, whilst logged in.
If you have any problems using your account please check our help section below.
Updating your Self account details
Update your information at any time by logging in and going to your Self Profile form.
- Updating your Self account details does not automatically update that information on any other council system
- Online forms and applications already submitted will not update with the new information. If the update might affect an application for something, please contact us
Self account help
What do I do if my email address isn't recognised by Self service?
If your email address isn’t recognised when trying to log into your Self account, and you are certain you entered your email address correctly without any errors or spaces it may be that you don’t have an account.
Please sign up for a Self account.
What if I don't receive the verification email?
When you first sign up for a Self account a verification email will be sent to you. Sometimes it can take several minutes to arrive, but please check your spam and junk mail folders.
If there’s still no sign of it, are you sure you entered your email address correctly when signing up? Try signing up again.
I tried to reset my password but it didn't work - what do I do?
When you reset your password you’ll be sent a password reset email. Please check that you’ve entered your email address correctly without any errors or spaces.
If you don’t receive it, please check your spam and junk folders.
What to do if the online form doesn’t recognise my address
If the form doesn’t find your address, try the following:
- check that you’ve entered your postcode and house number / name correctly then click ‘Find address’ again
- enter the postcode only, no house name / number, then click ‘Find address’
If the address still isn’t found, please contact us.