We want everyone to be able to access the information and services they need.
This includes people from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds who may need to communicate in a different language, or people with a disability who may need information in different formats.
Our policy describes how our staff can arrange to meet your interpretation and translation needs.
British Sign Language charter
We are committed to the British Sign Language charter and giving better access to our services for deaf people.
We have committed to 2 pledges that will:
- ensure access for deaf people to information and services
- consult with our local deaf community on a regular basis
BSL video: Requesting interpretation and translation services
British Sign Language video telling you how to request interpretation and translation for information you have received from the Council (duration 2:50).
If you don't speak English
If you don't speak English, you can use Google translate to translate the information on our website.
- Go to Google translate
- Click on the 'leicestershire.gov.uk' link in the box on the right hand side
- Choose the language to translate to at the top of the page
- You will be able the read our website in your chosen language.