We demonstrate this ongoing commitment through:
- Our position as a top council in Stonewall workplace equality index, which showcases Britain’s top LGBT+ friendly employers
- A top ten position in Stonewall’s education index, for our working to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying in schools and support LGBT+ young people
- Our annual attendance at Leicester Pride, an opportunity for the local LGBT+ community to find out about and comment on our services including fostering and adoption
- Our LGBT+ Staff Network – for all LGBT+ employees - a recent national ‘Network Group of the Year’ at the Stonewall awards
Being an LGBT+ friendly organisation isn’t just about paying lip service, it’s about delivering good services for everyone in Leicestershire.Person:Councillor Pam Posnett, Cabinet member for community and staff relations
People wishing to access information and support with coming out, reporting hate crime or general advice should contact the following groups and organisations:
- Leicester LGBT+ Centre - voluntary organisation established to support lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Hate incident monitoring project – you can report a hate incident by filling in our Hate Crime reporting form, or by calling 0116 305 8263.
- Stonewall – national LGBT+ charity offering help, advice and support to make a difference for LGBT+ people at work, home and in their communities.