If you have identified yourself as a carer, we know that you may not have much spare time. There are a number of organisations that can help you find the information, advice, support and activities, you need as a carer.
Support for Carers in Leicestershire
Support for carers
Whether you care full time or just a few hours a week, we provide info and advice service for carers in Leicestershire through Support for Carers. Their services include:
- telephone advice line. Telephone: 01858 468 543 during office hours Monday to Friday or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone befriending service - for people who feel isolated and haven’t got support from family and friends
- buddying scheme – get to know other carers in the same situation as you.
- local carers support groups and other social community groups they can put you in touch with
- carers id cards to record the telephone numbers of people to contact in an emergency and to alert the emergency services that you are caring for somebody who may need help back at home
- help completing a carer’s assessment to see whether you might be eligible for support.
We would encourage all of our carers in Leicestershire to register with Carers UK so that we can provide you with a wide range of online resources to help make your caring role easier including:
- Free access to the Jointly app - which allows you to share and manage your caring responsibilities with friends, family and neighbours
- Upfront Guide to Caring - a simple assessment tool to guide you on things like benefits and entitlements which then provides you with an action plan
- Online courses - which help you to identify and find resources, technology and support
- Support guides - about your rights as a carer and being heard
To access these digital tools and resources, you’ll need to go to ‘Digital resource for carers’ and register by entering your free access code DGTL7729, email address and a password.
Local area coordinators
First Contact Plus
Carers Trust has online help and advice.