Skip to main content

What to do if a child or young person is looking after you

You may be able to get help at home for you and your child if they're spending a lot of time caring for you.

Last updated

Help for young carers

If your child is 18 or under and they look after you or another family member at home, they can get help with caring and school work.  

You will find more information in our help for young carers section.

Care and support assessment

You can request a care and support assessment from us to understand your care needs better. This may help you find the right support.

Top of page