Skip to main content

Equipment, home adaptations and assistive technology

A wide variety of equipment and technology, such as grab rails, bed raisers and alarms are available to help you stay as safe and independent as possible.

Last updated

Care Technology

Care Technology (CT, and sometimes referred to as ‘telecare’) is monitoring and alert equipment that can help you to remain independent in your home and in the community.

What you need and how to buy it

The quickest and easiest way to get the equipment and technology you need is to search the Safe and Well website to:

If you can’t find what you’re looking for, or you need further assistance you can contact Safe and Well.

A number of other online and high street retailers also sell this type of product or service. You can find some approved traders on the Age UK website to install your equipment. 

Assistive technology

Assistive technology is electronic equipment that can support your safety and independence in your own home. Most district councils provide a chargeable community lifeline service. See: Lifelines, telecare and alarms


How can Adult Social Care help? 

If you need more help, you can request a care and support assessment from us by contacting the Adult Social Care .

Top of page