Application process (2023-24)
In line with procurement regulations, Leicestershire County Council is using a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) for awarding contracts to HAF providers for the remainder of the current three-year programme, which ends in December 2024.
The application window to join the DPS is now open for providers who would like to apply to deliver HAF.
The tender opportunity has been published on the council’s East Mids Tenders e-tendering portal.
All providers interested in applying must register interest in the opportunity, via the e-tendering portal, before submitting a tender application.
If you're already registered as a provider on East Mids Tenders, simply log in to register your interest in the opportunity and complete your tender application.
If you're not already registered as a provider on East Mids Tenders, you can can complete a simple registration process before completing your tender application.
- A full timetable is included within the tender documentation.
- We will be holding an online question and answer events periodically, for providers who are interested in joining this HAF DPS. Please register on the e-tendering portal to access further details, and please refer to the messaging facility within the portal for the meeting link for these events.
- All documentation relating to the opportunity can be downloaded from the e-tendering portal.
- All communication relating to the application/tender process will now go through the messaging facility within the e-tendering portal.
- We cannot send you information regarding the tender via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address – however, we have a guide to using the e-tendering portal, which you may find useful.
Information and guidance (2023-24)
Support for HAF providers
When you are registered as a framework provider, we can offer the support below.
Provider workshops, access to LCC training programme and bespoke HAF workshops
Centralised comms support in the lead up to each holiday period, promoting the HAF programme to parents/carers through various channels including dedicated HAF webpages on Council and Active Together websites.
A central booking system with details of the HAF provision being offered during each holiday period, including provider information, venues, session dates and times, age groups being catered for and how to book a place
Quality Assurance and Improvement support
Due diligence checks, QA visits and contract monitoring meetings with follow up support offered to providers to help improve the quality of future provision.
Provider Network Events
Enabling providers to come together to share learning and successes.
An online resource hub for providers including ideas, information, resources, tools, videos and links relating to the required HAF standards.