Skip to main content

Coronavirus is still a danger

To help prevent the spread and stay safe you can:
• keep a distance from others
• wear face coverings where required
• wash hands often
• get your vaccine/booster when you’re eligible
• regularly test and self-isolate if required

Further guidance on how to stay safe and prevent the spread

Sign up to Leicestershire Matters for council updates

Going to university

If you’re disabled, you can get extra money and help so that you can study at university.

If you have a physical disability or learning difficulty, like dyslexia, you may need:

  • extra equipment
  • more help from tutors
  • more time to study
  • different ways to take exams 

These are called ‘reasonable adjustments’. You have the right to reasonable adjustments. 

For more information read: 

Extra money

You can apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) to help pay for the extra costs you have because of your disability. You’ll get the allowances on top of your student finance.

You may also be able to get:

If you’re studying and living in Leicestershire, you may also be able to get help from us with:


You can get advice from the Disability Rights UK Disabled Students Helpline.

Disabled Students Helpline
Telephone: 0800 328 5050
Opening hours: Tuesday 11.30am to 1.30pm and Thursday 1.30pm to 3.30pm

Top of page