Disagree with a special educational needs decision

Other special educational needs and disability (SEND) disagreements

If you’re unhappy with any special educational needs and disability arrangements for your child (other than their EHC Plan), there is an independent organisation you can use to help you solve a disagreement with:

  • your child’s school or nursery
  • your college (your child’s college if you’re a parent)
  • us – about social care
  • health services

They’ll organise a meeting between you and the other party to discuss the problem. This is called ‘disagreement resolution’.

You can contact Global Mediation. You won’t have to pay to use them.