Council staff are required to register any gifts or hospitality they are offered, and any private interests that could conflict with their public duty.
Gifts and hospitality
- Council employees should treat any offer of a gift or hospitality if it is made to them personally with extreme caution
- Employees should not accept gifts or hospitality and allowing themselves to be (or thought by others to have been) influenced in making an important decision as a consequence.
- Employees are required to ensure that all offers of gifts or hospitality are recorded, whether or not they are accepted. Please complete and return the registration form.
Personal interests and relationships
- Employees must not misuse their official position or information acquired in the course of their employment for personal gain or to benefit their family or friends
- All employees must identify and disclose any actual or potential personal, financial, business, or other interest or close personal relationship which might reasonably be perceived as a conflict of interest
- Any existing employee who wishes to undertake any other personal interests, which could reasonably be perceived as a conflict of interest, should complete and return a registration form.
Registers are maintained in all departments and contact points can be obtained by emailing email@example.com