Skip to main content

Challenge a parking fine

You can challenge a parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice) if you believe you shouldn't have to pay it. You must write to us or use our online forms to explain why you are making a challenge.

Make a challenge against a parking fine

If you receive a parking fine also known as a Penalty Charge Notice or PCN - and feel you may have grounds to challenge it, you can.

For legal reasons all challenges to PCNs must be made in writing or using our online forms. Please quote your PCN number in all correspondence. 


PCN numbers start with two letters - not a letter and a number. i.e. VI is not V1 and VO is not V0

There are three stages to the challenge process:

Find out more about parking enforcement.

Also see

Top of page