Apply for a parking permit

If you live or work in a designated restricted parking area in Leicestershire, you are eligible to be considered for a parking permit.

Residents or businesses in a 'permit holder only' zone in the city will need to get a parking permit from Leicester City Council. 


Any resident or business with an address within one of the designated restricted parking zone areas is eligible for consideration for a parking permit (exclusions may apply), subject to the restrictions in the 'Operation of permit parking' document.

Parking permits for businesses are available for: 

  • vehicles owned, hired or leased to a business
  • vehicles registered to employees of the business

Restricted parking zones

There are restricted parking zones in the following areas: 

  • Anstey
  • Ashby-de-la-Zouch
  • Loughborough
  • Melton Mowbray
  • Market Harborough
  • Narborough
  • Oadby and Wigston

To find out if your property or place of work is in one of these restricted parking zones, please refer to the zone plan and information sheet for the relevant area on the Parking schemes in Leicestershire page.

How permits are allocated

Up to 2 permits are allocated per property or business at any one time. 

If a single property has been converted to several properties this does not guarantee that each new property will be eligible for a permit.

We treat all applications on a first come first served basis, and will not enter into discussions or provide advice in cases where there are conflicts between residents in multi-occupancy properties. 

Permits cannot be transferred. If you leave the property or business and no longer require your permit, you'll need to cancel it, so the allocation can be available to another person. 

Residents and businesses can also apply for visitor parking permits.

Use the Apply for a parking permit button to apply for a visitor permit or cancel a permit.

    Cost of permit

    Cost for a residents' or business parking permit:

    • Car for up to 6 months – £25
    • Car for 6 months up to 1 year – £50
    • Motorcycles – £25
    • Blue badge holders – free

    Cost for an essential carers' parking permit:

    Essential carer parking permits are usually free of charge. However, if there is already an essential carers' or blue badge residents' or blue badge business parking permit allocated to your address, the parking permit will cost £50.


    Apply online for a residents', visitors, business or essential carers' parking permit:

    Apply for a parking permit online  

    Business parking permit for zone 32:

    You can apply for a business parking permit for zone 32 online using the Apply for a parking permit button above.  

    You'll need to upload proof of business address for your application to be considered. 

    Permits cost £50 each and you can apply for up to 10. 

    If you’re not able to complete the forms online, please contact us on 0116 305 5442.