Skip to main content

Coronavirus is still a danger

To help prevent the spread and stay safe you can:
• keep a distance from others
• wear face coverings where required
• wash hands often
• get your vaccine/booster when you’re eligible
• regularly test and self-isolate if required

Further guidance on how to stay safe and prevent the spread

Sign up to Leicestershire Matters for council updates

Funded childcare places

All 3 and 4 year olds and some 2 year olds are entitled to 570 hours per year of funded early education and childcare.

Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)

The EYPP is extra Government money to boost three or four year old’s early learning. The nursery, pre-school, childminder or out of school provider that you use could get up to £300 a year to help your child’s learning. Your childcare provider will work with you to decide how best to spend the money to ensure your child really benefits.

Your child could benefit from

  • Exciting new learning activities
  • Extra equipment to help with learning
  • Toys, books and equipment to use at home to help them learn
  • One to one or small group sessions
  • Opportunities to widen their life experiences

Who could benefit from this money?

Children will be eligible if they are 3 or 4 years old, receiving a funded place with any Ofsted registered childcare provider and their parents are in receipt of one or more of the benefits below:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal credit – provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400

Children will also be eligible if they have been:

  • Looked after by the local authority for at least one day
  • Have been adopted from care
  • Have left care through a special guardianship, and subject to a child arrangement order setting out with whom the child is to live (formerly known as residence orders)

Parents, adoptive parents, or guardians of these children should show authorities evidence of the court order that proves that the child was in local authority care in either England or Wales.

If a child in local authority care is attending a setting in a different local authority, it is the responsibility of the local authority in which the setting is based to fund the EYPP.

Asylum seeker children who attend early year settings attract EYPP funding in the same way as all other children.

The leaflet below gives parents the opportunity to find out if their child may be eligible for the extra funding. Parents should complete the details requested and ask their childcare provider to see if they are eligible.

Providers will need to check with you on an annual basis to ensure continuity of your funding.

Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) leaflet for parents    Opens new window

Top of page