Funded childcare places

Find a funded registered childcare provider

All childcare providers who offer funded places are registered with Ofsted or a registered childminding agency.

You can access the funding by applying through your chosen provider at:

  • nursery schools
  • day nurseries
  • playgroups and pre-schools
  • childminders
  • out of schools providers

You should:

  1. Check your child is eligible
  2. Search for a childcare provider
  3. Check that your chosen provider has registered with the local authority to receive the funding
  4. Ask the provider if they're registered with Ofsted or contact the Family Information Service
  5. Sign a Parental Statement of Undertaking (PSOU)

Choosing childcare for pre-school aged children with SEND

Extra charges

The funding is designed to provide accessible affordable childcare for parents. However, you may be charged for:

  • additional hours not covered by your funding
  • late pick ups
  • nappies, wipes or food
  • additional activities and consumables

Contracts and disputes

You should be aware that you will be entering into a legally binding contract with the provider.

You should ensure you are fully aware of your providers offer and any additional costs before signing a contract or Parental Statement of Undertaking (PSOU). The childcare provider will give the PSOU to you. Contact the childcare provider if you have any questions about the contract or PSOU.

You must sign a PSOU. The PSOU shows the days and number of hours your child will be at the provider (or each provider if your child attends more than one), as well as other important information which allows your chosen provider to make a claim on your behalf.

The council can’t help parents or providers in disputes over contractual arrangements outside of the funded hours.

If you move your child to another provider, the funding will move with them.

Find a childcare provider