Funding for 2 year olds
Citizen and Provider Portals unavailable
Due to essential system maintenance the Citizen and Provider Portals will be unavailable from:
- 4.30pm Monday 18 March - Wednesday 20 March
We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Some 2 year olds in England can also get the childcare funding.
To qualify you must be getting one of the following:
- income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Tax Credits and have an income under £16,190
- Universal Credit and have an annual net earned income of not over £15,400
Children are also entitled to a place if they:
- are looked after by the county council
- have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education health and care plan
- get Disability Living Allowance
- have left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
If your child is eligible, you can start claiming the term after they turn 2. The date you can claim will depend on when their birthday is.
|Child’s birthday between:||When you can claim:|
|1 January and 31 March||From the 1 April following their 2nd birthday|
|1 April and 31 August||From the 1 September following their 2nd birthday|
|1 September and 31 December||From the 1 January following their 2nd birthday|
You can check if your child is eligible on Leicestershire’s Citizen Portal. You can also ask your childcare provider to help you check:
If you haven't used the portal before or for more than 12 months, you'll need to register. You will then be able to apply for funding for your 2 year old: