Skip to main content

Cancel a school bus or train pass or taxi place

To cancel your pass you must return it and let us know through our online form, or in writing, that you wish to cancel. We will give you a refund if you are due one. We only refund passes sent back before the end of February in each school year. You’ll need to contact us to cancel your child’s place in a taxi and get a refund.

You must let us know you want to cancel your pass, and return your pass.

Cancel a school bus pass

Sending back your pass

If you were issued a bus or train pass you must send it back by ‘Royal Mail Signed For’ delivery (which used to be known as recorded delivery). You must have filled in our online form or send a covering letter, telling us that you want to cancel the pass.


Your refund will date from the day we receive your pass.  You won’t get a refund if you send back your pass after the end of February.

Refunds are only given to post 16, Voluntary Aided and fare-paying students.

Taxi place or seat on a primary school bus

You must tell us as soon as possible if your child no longer needs a place in a taxi or a seat on a primary school bus. You can telephone, email us or write to us. We will refund you from the date you telephone us or we receive your email or letter. You won’t get a refund if you cancel your child's place after the end of February.

Stopping monthly payments

If you’re paying for your pass in monthly instalments, we will stop the payments once we receive your pass. If you cancel the payments with your bank but don’t send back the pass, you’ll still be responsible for the full cost of the bus pass. We will write to you to ask for payment.

Help us improve this page Hide content
Top of page