Where to get planning permission
We are responsible for dealing with applications which relate to:
- Mineral development eg quarrying
- Waste developments eg landfill sites
- Council's own developments
We don't deal with applications for:
- householder eg extensions
- residential eg housing estates
- commercial eg offices or shops
Contact your District Council (local planning authority).
Your District Council may also be able to advise you of other types of developments including conversions, and business developments.
For planning queries or if you're unsure about applying
- Contact the council’s planning team to get a definitive answer
Telephone: 0116 305 7051