Skip to main content

Covid tiers latest

Coronavirus restrictions remain in place across the country and new guidelines apply from 29 March – here’s the latest information on our services.

You can find more information about current restrictions and the spring 2021 roadmap

Sign up for the council's coronavirus updates

Planning permission

We deal with planning applications that relate to minerals, waste planning or our own developments.

Where to get planning permission

We are responsible for dealing with applications which relate to:

  • Mineral development eg quarrying
  • Waste developments eg landfill sites
  • Council's own developments 

Search planning applications for mineral, waste and county council developments

We don't deal with applications for:

  • householder eg extensions
  • residential eg housing estates
  • commercial eg offices or shops

Contact your District Council (local planning authority).

Your District Council may also be able to advise you of other types of developments including conversions, and business developments.

For planning queries or if you're unsure about applying

  • Contact the council’s planning team to get a definitive answer:
Top of page