We are responsible for dealing with applications which relate to:
- Mineral development e.g. quarrying
- Waste developments e.g. landfill sites
- Council's own developments
We don't deal with applications for:
- householders e.g. extensions
- residential e.g. housing estates
- commercial e.g. offices or shops
Contact your district council (local planning authority).
Your district council may also be able to advise you of other types of developments including conversions, and business developments.
For planning queries or if you're unsure about applying, please contact the council’s planning team to get a definitive answer: