Skip to main content

Get advice on child development

You can get support if you’re a parent or carer of a baby, young child or teenager.

Babies and young children

If you have young children you can:


If you’re feeling down after the birth of a child, or feel you’re struggling to cope with the demands of parenthood:

Older children and young people

If your children are older you can:

  • talk to a School Nurse for advice on all aspects of your child’s health, well-being and behaviour by texting Chat Health on 07520 615 382.  They’re open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday but not on bank holiday
  • or tell them about Health for teens
Top of page