You can get information from:
- My Turning Point – alcohol-related information, guidance and support for Leicestershire residents
- NHS One You - Drink Less – about the effects of drinking alcohol
- NHS One You - Drink Free Days app which helps you to track your drinking
- Health for Teens - Alcohol if you’re a teenager or young person
If you’re worried that you’re drinking too much, or if your drinking is affecting your health or wellbeing you can:
- ask your GP (doctor) for advice. If you aren’t registered with a GP you can find and register with a GP.
- speak to your social worker or any other healthcare worker, they can refer you for an assessment and treatment if necessary.
- refer yourself to Turning Point who provide free treatment in Leicestershire.
- Telephone: 0330 303 6000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit one of the Turning Point hubs for advice.
If you’re pregnant
Drinking alcohol can harm the health and development of your baby - speak to your midwife or refer yourself to Leicester and Leicestershire Turning Point for specialist pregnancy support.
NHS Choices – Drinking alcohol while pregnant also has some useful information.