You can get information from:
- My Turning Point – alcohol-related information, guidance and support for Leicestershire residents
- NHS One You - Drink Less – about the effects of drinking alcohol
- NHS One You - Drink Free Days app which helps you to track your drinking
- Health for Teens - Alcohol if you’re a teenager or young person
If you’re worried that you’re drinking too much, or if your drinking is affecting your health or wellbeing you can:
- ask your GP (doctor) for advice. If you aren’t registered with a GP you can find and register with a GP.
- speak to your social worker or any other healthcare worker, they can refer you for an assessment and treatment if necessary.
- refer yourself to Turning Point who provide free treatment in Leicestershire.
If you’re pregnant
Drinking alcohol can harm the health and development of your baby - speak to your midwife or refer yourself to Leicester and Leicestershire Turning Point for specialist pregnancy support.
NHS Choices – Drinking alcohol while pregnant also has some useful information.
Training for professionals
If you work in a setting that requires you to be up to date with alcohol awareness, then this training is for you.
Basic Alcohol Awareness
Thursday 31 August (1:30pm - 3pm)
Tuesday 21 November (10am - 11:30am)
Advanced Alcohol Awareness
Thursday 26 October (1pm - 4:30pm)