Skip to main content

Our response to the coronavirus outbreak is continuing – and our focus is on keeping critical services running, particularly those supporting vulnerable people.

We’re also supporting residents, communities and businesses by bringing back services, where we can, in line with the latest Government guidance.

Find out more about the support and guidance available, and any changes to our services.

Advice and support on Coronavirus (Covid-19) 

Help with alcohol problems

Many people enjoy drinking alcohol, but for some it can cause problems for their health and well-being.

You can get information from:

Get treatment

If you’re worried that you’re drinking too much, or if your drinking is affecting your health or well-being you can:

  • ask your GP (doctor) for advice. If you aren’t registered with a GP you can find and register with a GP.
  • speak to your social worker or any other healthcare worker, they can refer you for an assessment and treatment if necessary.
  • refer yourself to Turning Point who provide free treatment in Leicestershire.

If you’re pregnant

Drinking alcohol can harm the health and development of your baby - speak to your midwife or refer yourself to Leicester and Leicestershire Turning Point for specialist pregnancy support.

NHS Choices – Drinking alcohol while pregnant also has some useful information.

Top of page