Dealing with anti-social behaviour

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) is generally defined as behaviour that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to another individual.

Leicestershire County Council is committed to doing all it can to help prevent the problems caused by ASB.

If you feel you are the victim of ASB there are several courses of action you are able to take. 

Firstly, speak to the person who is causing you a nuisance. Could the issue be resolved with a simple conversation? Stay calm and be tolerant of their point of view. 

If this doesn’t work, or the issue is ongoing, report it. 

Reporting anti-social behaviour (ASB)

Incidents can be reported to Leicestershire Police, your local district or borough council, or your housing provider.

If the incident is a non-emergency you can report ASB to Leicestershire Police by completing their online reporting form. In an emergency always call 999. 

Further information on how to report a hate incident can be found on our dedicated hate crime web page.

To report a crime anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Local anti-social behaviour (ASB) information and reporting web pages:

Request a review of an anti-social behaviour case

A review is formally known as an ASB Case Review (previously known as a Community Trigger). This process gives victims and communities the right to request a review of an ongoing ASB or hate incident that you believe has not been adequately dealt with. 

A request to activate an ASB Case Review can be made if, within the last 6 months:

  • you (as an individual) have reported to the Council, Police or a Registered Housing Provider (social landlord) three separate incidents of anti-social behaviour within your area, or
  • you have been a victim of a hate incident,


  • you believe that no effective action has been taken.

It should also be noted that for an ASB Case Review to be considered, you must have reported each incident within one calendar month of it having occurred.

To raise an ASB Case Review, please contact your local council’s Community Safety Team using the details listed above, or visit their offices in person to request a report form.