Apply for a disabled parking space outside your house

If someone in your household is disabled and has a blue badge you can apply to have a disabled parking bay outside your home. For residents of Leicestershire (UK).


We're continuing to process applications for disabled parking spaces, however staff may no longer attend on site meetings and there may be a delay in processing your application.

We're having to review our highway works priorities. As the situation develops we will regularly assess our ability to carry out non-essential works and resources will be redeployed as necessary from planned to safety critical works. Any highway installation work associated with your application is therefore likely to be delayed.

Our provision of services will be reviewed on a regular basis and may change with immediate effect, dependent on resource availability.


Having a disabled parking bay outside your home doesn’t guarantee that space for you or the disabled person in your household.

You can apply for a disabled parking space (disabled bay road marking) outside your house provided you meet the following conditions:

  • You are a resident in Leicestershire
  • You or someone in your household is disabled and has a valid blue badge
  • The person in your house who is disabled has regular use of a vehicle (as either driver or passenger), which is kept at the address on the application
  • There’s increasing difficulty in finding a parking space close to the property, eg a space isn’t available more often than one is available
  • There is no off-street parking available
  • The parking outside the property isn’t currently prohibited
  • There’s enough space for a parking bay
  • The parking bay doesn’t cause a hazard to other road users
  • If the parking bay will overlap the front of a neighbouring property, the resident of that property will be consulted

Apply online

If your application is successful we will write to you to confirm the work. This can take up to 28 days.

The cost of a disabled parking bay marking is £100. We will collect this before the work is started.

Additional guidance for filling in the form is available at the bottom of this page.

Apply for a disabled parking space 

We will assess whether your application for a disabled parking bay road marking is appropriate at the location requested and, if so, whether it would be advisory or mandatory.

A disabled bay road marking may be ‘advisory’ or ‘mandatory’.

  • An advisory disabled bay road marking is not enforceable

No action can be taken by the police or the council if a non-disabled person or indeed another disabled person parks in the disabled bay

  • A mandatory disabled bay road marking is enforceable by law

We can take action against anyone parking in the disabled bay without displaying a blue badge.

The provision of a disabled bay road marking, and the type of bay, will depend on existing parking restrictions outside the property.

Renew or remove road markings

If your disabled bay markings need to be repainted, please complete a renewal application form and return it to:

Leicestershire County Council
Customer Service Centre
County Hall

If you no longer need the disabled bay marking, please contact Customer Services.

Telephone: 0116 305 0001

Further reading