Having a disabled parking bay outside your home doesn’t guarantee that space for you or the disabled person in your household.
We're continuing to process applications for disabled parking spaces, however staff may no longer attend on site meetings and there may be a delay in processing your application.
We're having to review our highway works priorities. As the situation develops we will regularly assess our ability to carry out non-essential works and resources will be redeployed as necessary from planned to safety critical works. Any highway installation work associated with your application is therefore likely to be delayed.
Our provision of services will be reviewed on a regular basis and may change with immediate effect, dependent on resource availability.
You can apply for a disabled parking space (disabled bay road marking) outside your house provided you meet the following conditions:
- You are a resident in Leicestershire
- You or someone in your household is disabled and has a valid blue badge
- The person in your house who is disabled has regular use of a vehicle (as either driver or passenger), which is kept at the address on the application
- There’s increasing difficulty in finding a parking space close to the property, eg a space isn’t available more often than one is available
- There is no off-street parking available
- The parking outside the property isn’t currently prohibited
- There’s enough space for a parking bay
- The parking bay doesn’t cause a hazard to other road users
- If the parking bay will overlap the front of a neighbouring property, the resident of that property will be consulted
A disabled bay road marking may be ‘advisory’ or ‘mandatory’:
- An advisory disabled bay road marking is not enforceable - no action can be taken by the police or the council if a non-disabled person or indeed another disabled person parks in the disabled bay
- A mandatory disabled bay road marking is enforceable by law - we can take action against anyone parking in the disabled bay without displaying a blue badge.
If your application is successful we will write to you to confirm the work. This can take up to 10 days.
The cost of a disabled parking bay marking is £100 which is paid online when applying. The amount is reserved and will only be taken if your application is successful.
Please read the guidance at the bottom of the page before filling in the form.
We will assess whether your application for a disabled parking bay road marking is appropriate at the location requested and, if so, whether it would be advisory or mandatory.
Renew or remove road markings
If your disabled bay markings need to be repainted, please complete the application form below (log in to your Self account).
The cost of renewing a disabled parking bay marking is £50.
If you no longer need the disabled bay marking, please telephone Customer Services on 0116 305 0001.