Skip to main content

Our response to the coronavirus outbreak is continuing – and our focus is on keeping critical services running, particularly those supporting vulnerable people.

We are currently working through the detail of the latest government announcements which affect Leicester city and parts of the county. 

Find out more about the support and guidance available, and any changes to our services.

Increased restrictions for Leicester and parts of Leicestershire  

Short break in a care home

You may want to stay in a care home for a short time to give your carer a break from caring. This is sometimes known as ‘respite care’.

Funding your own short break

If you're funding your own care, you and your carer can arrange this yourselves. 

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspects all care homes in England and Wales. We strongly recommend that you visit the CQC website for a named care home or homes in a particular area to check their rating and most recent inspection report.

Search the NHS Choices website for:

Or you can find care homes in the Care Directory for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Printed copies are available in GP surgeries and libraries.

Funding your short break with your personal budget

If you have been assessed as having eligible care and support needs and receive a personal budget from us, you should contact Adult Social Care to discuss your options, including whether you will need a financial assessment. 

Top of page