Skip to main content

Disagree with a special educational needs decision

You can appeal to a tribunal or make a complaint if you’re unhappy with your child’s Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan or if you disagree with our decision not to assess your child or give them an EHC Plan. As of 3 April 2018 a two year national trial begins to extend the power of the special educational needs and disability (SEND) tribunal.

Other special educational needs and disability (SEND) disagreements

If you’re unhappy with any special educational needs and disability arrangements for your child (other than their EHC Plan), there are 2 independent organisations you can use to help you solve a disagreement with:

  • your child’s school or nursery
  • your college (your child’s college if you’re a parent)
  • us – about social care
  • health services

They’ll organise a meeting between you and the other party to discuss the problem.  This is called ‘disagreement resolution’. 

You can contact KIDS and The Together Trust direct. You won’t have to pay to use them.

Telephone: 03330 062 835
Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm

The Together Trust
Telephone: 0161 283 4836

Top of page