Help with drug misuse

You can find information and advice about drugs - if you or someone you know has been affected by drugs and wants support to make a change.

You can get some useful information from:

Get treatment

If you think that you or someone you know might have a drug related problem:

  • ask your GP (doctor) for advice. If you aren’t registered with a GP you can find and register with a GP.
  • speak to your social worker or any other healthcare worker, they can refer you for an assessment and treatment if necessary.

If you’re pregnant

Speak to your midwife or refer yourself to Leicester and Leicestershire Turning Point for specialist pregnancy support.

Needle exchange

Exchange needles and syringes at your nearest pharmacy (chemist) to stop the risk of spreading diseases such as HIV and hepatitis.