Skip to main content

Report abuse or neglect of a child


Phone 999 if a crime is being committed or if a child is in immediate danger.

Contact Leicestershire police on 101 if you think a crime has been committed but there is no immediate danger.

Contact our First Response Children’s Duty Team if you think a child is being:

• neglected
• physically abused
• sexually abused


Telephone our First Response Children’s Duty Team if you have urgent concerns about a child who needs a social worker or police officer today:

Tel 0116 305 0005 (24 hour phone line)

Or use our online forms:

Recognise abuse and neglect

The NSPCC lists the signs and effects of:

Talk to a teacher, health visitor or doctor if you’re worried about a child but you’re not sure if they’re being abused or neglected.

Early help for children and young people

Use this form to request services for children, young people and their families who feel they may need some additional support. The form can be completed by professionals, friends or by the family themselves. 

Request for services form  


Help us improve this page Hide content
Top of page