Skip to main content

Highways permits and licences

Apply for licences to place items, or carry out work on roads in Leicestershire

We are the Highways Authority for the county’s public highways. This excludes motorways and A-roads, which are the responsibility of the Highways Agency. We are not responsible for any highways in Leicester city or Rutland. 

You must be registered with us to place any items, or carry out work, on highways maintained by the county council. You must also have public liability insurance of at least £5million.

Temporary traffic management application   Opens new window

Temporary excavation within the highway application   Opens new windowens new window

Tourist signs

Apply for a brown tourist road sign

Help us improve this page Hide content
Top of page