Plan an event

Licensable activities

District and Borough councils also deal with a variety of topics relating to events, including:

  • licensing, e.g. sale of alcohol and entertainment (including music, dancing or indoor sport)
  • environmental health, e.g. food safety
  • the use of Council owned land for an event

You'll also need a temporary event notice if a particular licensable activity is not included in the terms of your existing licence, e.g. holding a wedding reception at a community centre.

To process your submission there is a minimum lead time of 10 working days, not including the day of receipt or the day of the event and an application fee of £21.

For further information and to apply please contact the local council in the area for which the event is to be held:

Blaby District Council

Charnwood Borough Council

Harborough District Council

Hinckley and Bosworth Council

Melton Borough Council

North West Leicestershire District Council

Oadby and Wigston Borough Council