Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
After your child has been assessed:
- We write a draft EHC Plan and send you a copy
- You have 15 days to comment on the plan and say which school or college you’d like your child to go to if that’s not included in the plan
- We consider your response and give you the final EHC Plan within 20 weeks of receiving the request
What is in an EHC Plan (EHCP)
The Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) sets out the help your child needs from:
- nursery, school or college
- health services
- children’s services
It sets out:
- what your child’s special educational needs and disabilities are
- the extra help they need at nursery, school or college – including the school they should go to
targets for the end results your child should reach in their education, health and the care they need – these are called ‘outcomes’
The school or college will review your child’s EHC Plan annually. They’ll invite you to the review.
Disagreeing with our decision
You can appeal if you disagree with the:
- the special educational support in the EHC plan (EHCP)
- the school named in the EHC plan (EHCP)
Moving school and going to college
Your child’s EHC Plan will go with them when they move to another school or into further education.
If you move to a new council area, that council will take on your child’s EHC Plan and must give your child the help set out in the Plan.