Moving on to independence is exciting, but it can also be stressful with all the extra responsibilities that you have.
Living on your own for the first time can also be lonely.
However there is plenty that you can get involved in:
- Our Supporting Young People After Care (SYPAC) group meets every month. As well as discussing care leaver issues, it is a chance to meet other young people and do fun activities in a relaxed environment, for instance at our annual Christmas party.
- Leicestershire is part of the Catch 22 National Benchmarking forum. This forum allows local authorities and care leavers from across the country to share ideas and examples of good practice. If you are interested in becoming one of our young people’s representatives to this forum, please speak to your personal advisor.
- If there is an activity or club that you want to try, your personal advisor can make an application to our Time2Spend fund. This offers grants of up to £150 a year. Please speak to your personal advisor if you are interested.
- There is always a lot to see and do in Leicestershire, much of it free.
- If you’re interested in volunteering, you can find the volunteering role that is right for you at Voluntary Action Leicester.