Skip to main content
Image for paying for care

How we work out what you have to pay towards help at home or in a care home, where to get independent financial advice and what to do about benefits

Free flu jab

Have you still not had your flu jab yet? If you’re 65 or over or have a long term health condition, flu can be serious.

  • Funding care in a care home 

    If you have to move into a care home, you may qualify for financial help. If you have to pay some or all of the costs of your care in a care home, there are various ways to pay. You won't have to sell your home in your lifetime to pay for your care.

  • Paying for help at home 

    You'll get a personal budget to pay for help at home. You may have to pay something towards it. We will do a financial assessment to work out how much you have to pay.

  • Your benefits when you move into a care home 

    Some of the benefits you and your carer (or your husband, wife, civil or unmarried partner if they’re not your carer) get will stop or change because you’re no longer living at home.

  • Extra care housing is coming to Loughborough 

    County council looking for over-55s with eligible care needs

  • Benefits for adults 

    You may be able to claim benefits or get financial help.

  • Disabled facilities grant 

    You may be able to get money to help you make changes to your home. The Disabled Facilities Grant can help you with home adaptations costing over £1,000.

  • Independent financial advice 

    If you’re planning for care needs for the future, it is important to get appropriate financial advice


Top of page